Air Classifiers > A --> C > Christian Pfeiffer OptiTromp Classifiers
* Since more than 90 years, Christian Pfeiffer has always worked towards perfecting methods of processing mineral raw materials,
* Priority is given to the planning, design, fabrication and assembly of complete grinding plants as well as individually integrable components or systems such as:
............ * mill diaphragms,
............ * mill shell lining systems,
............ * grinding media,
............ * high performance separator plants,
............ * powder coolers,
* Aim of our individually designed components is to achieve a higher mill capacity, improve product quality and to reduce the specific energy consumption,
* Competence, long-lasting experience and continuous research and development have made Christian Pfeiffer to be the technological market leader.
The QDK separator, mainly used in the cement industry, is part of the OptiTromp family of dynamic separators. As well-proven standard solution the QDK has successfully been marketed in series by Christian Pfeiffer since 1987 and has been improved continuously. The QDK offers to the users the advantage of simple maintenance; bearing cartridge and drive are accessible from the top. The finish product leaves the separator beneath the rotating cage.
Process optimization by installation of a separator.
* The production capacities of air swept grinding mills can be considerably increased by installing a separator plant.
* Also the replacement of older separators results in a high production and quality increase.
* The operation of a grinding plant in closed circuit, separation of the finish product and re-transport of the coarse grains to the grinding process may lead to a capacity increase in the range of 15 - 30 %.
* At the same time, the specific energy consumption will be reduced.
* By keeping narrow and precisely defined grain size fractions, the finish product quality can be further optimized.
* Due to the compact and modular construction, the separator from Christian Pfeiffer can be integrated into every grinding plant.
Functioning of separator.
* Two diametrically arranged inlets guide the material onto the distribution plate,
* The plate rotates at high velocities so that the material gliding over the outer plate edge is thrown against the side-walls,
* Upon impact, possible lumps burst, and the material is loosened as it falls into the separating area below,
* An inlet spiral channels air through guide vanes developing an air flow tangential to the falling material,
* Due to the physical conditions between centrifugal and gravity forces as well as flow forces the lighter and smaller particles are carried into the separator cage,
* Large and heavy particles, however, are not carried by the air-flow and fall into the coarse material funnel (rejects funnel),
* Efficient separation guarantees highest quality of the finish product.
Technology and Details.
* High Performance Separators from Christian Pfeiffer are the product of long-lasting experiences as well as intensive R&D.
* The intensive exchange of knowledge and the good collaboration with Technical Colleges expedites the realization of innovative solutions.
* That's why the Pfeiffer high performance separators are constructed for a simple maintenance and high wear resistance finally assuring a high plant availability and economy.
* One by one, our separator is characterized by:
............................ * Smooth drive by frequency converter via V-belt.
............................ * Wear-free cage seal of rotating cage by confined air.
............................* Special lining of construction parts adapted to the individual requirements.
............................ * Simple maintenance of bearing cartridge.
Separator with cyclones.
* For the standard design, cyclones with circulating air fans are used for finish material.
* This construction is simple and can be integrated into nearly every grinding plant.
* The finish product is separated in the cyclones by the centrifugal force.
* After the cyclones, the air is re-conveyed to the separator via a closed circuit.
* High efficiency cyclones allow a residual dust content of < 5 % in the cyclone clean gas.
* This design is characterized by low maintenance.
Separator with filter.
* If the separator must cool the grinding material, a filter system is used instead of cyclones.
* By using filters, nearly 100 % of the separated finish product is discharged.
* The filter clean gas fulfills all requirements of a "TA air" and can therefore be directly supplied to the atmosphere in open circuit.
* The possibility to operate the process either in closed or open separation air circuit, is a good parameter for the temperature regulation of the finish product.
* The temperature regulation is effected via the supply of fresh cool air:
........... * If the sensor locates the highest temperature in the material flow, the fresh air damper is automatically opened and the circulating air damper is closed.
........... * Maximum cooling is accomplished by exchanging the entire separating air with fresh air.
Christian Pfeiffer Maschinenfabrik GmbH
About: Christian Pfeiffer, Zerkleinern, Mahlen, Air Classifier, Sichten, mineralisch, Schόttgόter, air classifier, air classifiers, air classification, air classifications, air classification systems, classification air, classification of particle, classification of particles, particle size classification, air classifier manufacturer, air classifier manufacturers, air classifiers manufacturers, air classification equipment, particle size reduction, particle sizing systems, particle classification, particle sizing, particle size distribution, particle size distributions, particle size classification, measure particle size, particle size, particle sizes, particle size determination, determination of particle size, air separator, air separators,